Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Birthday Girl

Everyone claims that they have the best sister.  However, I have some evidence about why mine tops all of them - and here they are:

1. She makes delicious food.  Take these cupcakes for instance.  We were celebrating St. Patrick's Day and she made GREEN cupcakes. Yum city!

2.  She makes faces like this - such a "Sobczak" thing to do!

3. She lets her kids help in the kitchen.  I know that this is an irritant to some, but not to my sister!  She goes out of her way to include her kids and make sure that they are having fun!

4. She is almost as wonderful as my mother.  I know she will be one day.  She is such an example to me what a loving daughter and mother should be.  I thank her for that. 
5. This kid.

6.  This pose.

7. This face.

Point: she taught him to be awesome, like her.

8 and 9. Her other two children.

Point: She has the most wonderful kids an aunt could ask for.  And she lets me pamper them and run them ragged.  She loves them!!

10. She loves her siblings too.  Can't go wrong with that.

11. She likes the color green (note all of her shirts thus far...)

12. She lets me post old pictures, take this picture to the right for example.

13. She is one of the most supportive people I know.  I admire that so much!

14. She taught me to be awesome:

"I AM AYRIS, AND I AM AWESOME!"

Of I could say right back to her now:

"YOU ARE APRYL, AND YOU ARE THE BEST SISTER EVER!"

Point: she inspires me to be better and to do better.

15. Last, but certainly not least, she is the best friend a sister/girl could ask for.  She lets me vent when I need to.  She gives me advice.  She is concerned about me.  She wants to know what's happening in my life.  She loves me for me.  She makes sure I am checked on and taken care of.  I know that I can turn to her an anytime for anything and she will be there. Always has been and always will be - thanks, sis!

There you have it folks.  Obviously there are more reasons than the ones listed, but these are what came to mind today as I've been thinking about her.  So, thank you, Apryl, for being the best sister out there.  You are the greatest!!  Keep up the hard work - YOU CAN DO IT!  I sure love you.  And miss you.  Hugs to you on this you birthday.

Love, Ayris Joan (can we count this as my birthday card for you...?)

1 comment:

Write for the generations! said...

Hey Ayris we did pretty good not using the same pics! love this! love you both my wonderful daughters <3