Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Gospel is a Family Gospel


President Boyd K. Packer has to be one of the most profound speakers I have had the opportunity of listening to.  I was able to go to the Brigham City, Utah temple dedication today - what a special occasion this was!  I know that he knows the Lord, loves Him, and is a servant for Him.  I also know and admire how much he loves his wife and family.  One of my favorite things he said in his address this afternoon was in regards to his wife and the day that he first saw her.  He walked into the local library in Brigham City where she worked and when he saw her at the counter, all he could say was, "...and that was the end of that as far as I was concerned..."  How cute is that?  I know that one day I can find that kind of love and dedication, not only to me but the Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  President Packer is wonderful example and I will strive to find someone as cute and loving as he is.  (Can I refer to the apostles of the Lord as "cute"??)  Hurrah for temples and eternal families!



No comments: