Friday, January 4, 2013

i wanna talk about me

I'm a pushy person. Do you know that I am a pushy person? At least I can admit it, right? The thing about me is that when I know what I want I go for it; I fight for it; I do what ever is in my power to achieve it. So forgive me, or don't. I need to get to the point though where I can quit and not be crushed if I know it cannot be achieved. Quit may not be the right word; maybe step back or step aside are better terms. Either way, I need to recognize "red flags" as I've learned to call them. Maybe life will be easier when I can master that!!

I love my family. Meet them! They will rock your world!
 
I am NOT a decision maker.  I have a difficult time making choices.  About anything and everything.  Why is that if I am a pushy person and supposedly know what I want?  Hm.. Interesting..  Why are choices so hard to make sometimes?  I think it is difficult to admit when you actually have to buck up and DO something.  I hate being vulnerable and putting myself out there.  I don't want to be hurt or rejected or have it not work.  But sometimes, you just have to put yourself out there, regardless of what will happen.  No one likes to be hurt, BUT MAKE A CHOICE.
 
That's another thing: I think things are black or white - there is no grey area.  You cannot have one foot in and one foot out.  MAKE A CHOICE.  Yes, it is that simple.
 
So maybe this should be titled: "Make A Choice" instead..  I guess I am at a point in my life where I don't want to do things half way.  I want to make choices, go all in, take chances, trust in the Lord, put myself out there, let myself be vulnerable, be forward, be honest, be open - "fear not, let your hearts be comforted..." Doctrine and Covenants 98:1.
 
Maybe this was more for myself, an awakening of sorts; a realization that I need to make some choices and changes if I want to progress, for the definition if insanity is "doing the same thing over and over expecting different results" - I cannot do what I have always done!  I cannot be stuck in the ruts I have been before - it is not healthy!
 
Anyway, I hope it inspires you to look inside and figure out what you want and how to go about life making the best choices.  Look to the Lord in all things.  Counsel with him.  Let him guide you and all will work out"Thy will, O Lord, be done."  Don't overthink it, just go for it.
 

No comments: