Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Kids Say the Darndest Things: Sammy

Dec. 30, 2012

I went to pick Sam up at Grandma Mary's, and this is what she said to me when I walked in:
  • "Did my mom tell you to pick me up?!"
On the drive home after picking Sam up:
  • Amric: "Sam, will you rub my hand for me?  I'm leaving for two years.."
  • Sam: "Sure. But pretty soon you're going to have to rub it yourself!!"
Also on the way home:
  • Me: "Sam, I see you all the time because I live so close to you!"
  • Sam: "Well, you live in Provo, so it's not really that close.."
Almost back to the Sobczak home in Draper:
  • Me: "This is the right exit right?"
  • Sam: "Wally, you come visit all the time - you should know where to go!"

Jan. 01, 2013

Dad reading a book to Sammy ("The Little Mermaid"):
  • Dad: "...Ariel" (pronounced R-E-EL)
  • Sammy: "Papi, Ariel (R-E-EL)?!  Are you speaking Spanish?!
  • Dad: "She is not very modest is she?"
  • Sammy: "Well, she is a mermaid, so she has to wear that."

Jan. 02, 2013:

Sam giving us a tumbling show:
  • Anona: "Sammy, can you do a cartwheel?"
  • Sam: "A cartwheel?  Well, what is a cartwheel?  Nana, will you come show me?!"

No comments: